Applications are open for Spring, Summer and Fall semesters!
- Registration is open to anyone with a four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college in a related field.
- The GRE is not required.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Online Application
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Official Transcripts– Required for all undergraduate credit received.
- Application Fee–$50.00, non-refundable
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation–Letters should be provided by instructors or professional associates who can speak to the applicant’s ability to succeed in graduate study.
- Personal Statement–Provide a personal statement that describes your specific interests in the field of health behavior and health promotion. Your essay should be up to two pages single-spaced and should address the following:
- Factors influencing you to apply to this program in Applied Health Behavior Research. Career goals and how this program in AHBR is a good fit to achieve your goals.
- Relevant work, research, volunteer, or other experience that will contribute to your overall success as a graduate student and investigator in health behavior research.
- Specific health topics and/or research methods that interest you.
- International Applicants
- Language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS) official score report. This is typically waived for applicants that have completed English-medium university degrees. Additional/alternative proof of language proficiency may be required by the university.
- WES credential evaluation (see Official Transcripts above).
- Declaration and Certification of Finances. Required upon admission to the program and submission of intent to enroll in the program.
Year-round, rolling admissions. Flexible, with recommended deadlines:
- Spring semester: Apply by November 15
- Summer semester: Apply by April 15
- Fall semester: Apply by June 15
Open enrollment application requirements:
Students may enroll in up to 6 credit hours of AHBR coursework on a non-degree basis.
For non-degree seeking students enrolling in a course, please complete the online application to submit your course request.