The Division performs research in two broad areas: clinical epidemiology/outcomes research and biostatistics/genetic epidemiology.
Clinical epidemiology faculty interests
- Outcomes assessment measures
- Evaluation of health intervention studies
- Epidemiology of occupational diseases
- Medical informatics
- Evaluation of educational and community interventions
- Cost effectiveness analysis,
- Risk prediction
- Patient communication
- Treatment in prognostic issues related to antithrombotic therapy
Biostatistics/genetic epidemiology faculty interests
- Novel statistical methods for classification
- Analysis of complex data sets such as those derived from gene chips
- Use of genetic polymorphisms
GMS faculty collaborate with investigators from many divisions and departments to aid in study design and data analysis to answer a wide variety of patient-oriented questions.